Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my winter project

I finally got out for a test ride on my "old" Cannondale I upgraded recently, mainly to refurbish worn componentry, as the frame (circa 1996?) was good, sturdy, and light, it just needed some rehab.



I stripped it down and built it back up with newer (but used) components, including 50/34 Gossamer from FSA, 105 shift/brake levers (2x10), front and rear 105 derailleurs, 105 spec Shimano chain, a new carbon fiber (alloy steerer) Kinesis fork (hard-to-find 1" threaded), a Tektro brakeset - take-offs from a Giant (OCR?), and take-off Felt sealed-bearing wheelset and 105 10-speed cassette. Slightly used Bontrager 700c road tires, new bar tape and silver bottle cages were also affixed.

The bike shop (Jesse at GHY in Renton) weighed the bike for me - it is 20 pounds 9 ounces.

No comments: