Thursday, May 10, 2007

week of May 7th in review

Good news! As of today, we have two teams registered for the Commuter Challenge month with 14 riders! Many are first time bicycle commuters and some are putting on lots of daily miles. The teams are called rotelle di velocita I and II. I've also still hear rumors there's a team of firefighters out there too.

I'm going to ride to work tomorrow, unfortunately I've only logged one other so far. I expected this, as I had more opportunities to ride in later in the month.

Next week I've scheduled a brown bag lunch ride with a tech session (Weds, May 16th) and of course, Friday, May 18th is Bike to Work Day. On BTW Day, I am going to head to the bike commuter station to see what's going on and also distribute snacks, energy bars, etc.

During the last week of this month, there's a public open house planned (I believe for the evening of May 30th from 6-8 p.m.) to discuss our city's trail and bicycle facility plans. More on that later.

I'm just glad that despite a slow first week, we're really beginning to take off. Now I've just got to get it in gear too.

This is my friend and former co-worker at the UW, Lisa...



She was (and still is) an avid cyclist but now lives in SLO, CA. She still does the same kind of work that I do, trying to educate commuter of their non-drive-alone options. She really leads by example and here she was pictured in a past Bike to Work Day.

No comments: